- Broadwind Inc BWEN reported a fourth-quarter revenue decline of 35.5% year-over-year to $26.01 million, missing the consensus of $30.56 million.
- The gross margin contracted by 295 bps to 3.7%. The operating loss expanded to $(3.98) million from $(1.82) million a year ago.
- EPS loss widened to $(0.21) from $(0.12) in 4Q20, missing consensus of $(0.19).
- Adjusted EBITDA loss was $(1.21) million versus $0.22 million in 4Q20.
- Also Read: Broadwind Bags $13M In New Tower Orders
- Broadwind's cash used in operating activities totaled $12.83 million in FY21, compared to cash provided of $5.33 million a year ago.
- Total orders increased by 55.1% Y/Y to $55.77 million, reflecting significant year-over-year order growth across all reporting segments.
- Total backlog increased 15% Y/Y to $106.4 million in Q4, with Heavy Fabrication segment orders representing ~60% of it.
- "Looking ahead, we anticipate continued strength within our non-wind end-markets, as reflected by current order rates and backlog levels. Although our core wind markets are expected to be soft during the first half of 2022, we remain in the early phase of a broader recovery in onshore wind tower demand," commented Eric Blashford, President and CEO of Broadwind.
- 1Q22 Outlook: The company anticipates an adjusted EBITDA loss of $(0.5) million.
- Price Action: BWEN shares are trading lower by 7.49% at $2.10 during the premarket session on Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.