10 Of The Highest Volume Options Contracts On Thursday
What Are Whales Doing With Energy Transfer
What Are Whales Doing With Newmont
AbbVie Whale Trades Spotted
Altria Group Whale Trades Spotted
Pure Storage Whale Trades For May 19
Oracle Whale Trades Spotted
Check Out What Whales Are Doing With NOW
Looking At RingCentral’s Recent Whale Trades
Compare Options Brokers
TradeZero is an online broker and free stock trading platform that provides everything you need to successfully share and trade, including round-the-clock customer support. TradeZero provides four different trading state-of-the-art software programs with its services, a locator for sourcing shares for shorting, commission-free trades, and real-time streaming, to name a few of the features promoted on their website. The software is a unique and (potentially) affordable option for anyone interested in stock trading.
- Traders seeking high transparency and mobility in a stock trading program
- Those attracted to commission-free trades
- Those seeking a free version of a high-quality trading program
- 24/7 live customer support
- Uses ZeroWeb technology, a powerful level 2 online platform with direct market access
- Mobile app allows users to access stocks and trade in real-time while on the go
- Enforces Pattern Day Trading restrictions (accounts need to maintain a daily equity balance of at least $25k)
- Mobile app could offer more features
Interactive Brokers is a comprehensive trading platform that gives you access to a massive range of securities at affordable prices. You can buy assets from all around the world from the comfort of your home or office with access to over 135 global markets. Options, futures, forex and fund trading are also available, and most traders won’t pay a commission on any purchase or sale.
IBKR is geared primarily toward experienced traders and investors but now with the availability of free trades with IBKR Lite, casual traders can also acclimate to IBKR’s offerings.
- Options traders
- Traders trading 24/7
- Sophisticated investors
- Access to International markets
- Advanced trading platform & suite of options trading tools to create & execute sophisticated trading strategies
- Fixed fees offer infrequent traders low, flat rate per contract, inclusive of all fees
- Tiered fees offer active traders lower cost per transaction and possible exchange rebates for higher volumes
- Beginner investors might prefer a broker that offers a bit more hand-holding and educational resources
Tradier is a high-tech broker made with the most active traders in mind. Tradier differentiates itself by using Application Programming Interface (API) technology to partner with popular trading software to offer a wide range of platform choices to Investors. Tradier brokerage offers integration with one of the widest ranges of platforms we’ve seen, including Esignal, Orion Multi Trader, Stockstotrade, 1Option, Evati, and many, many more.
Tradier offers 2 pricing options — infrequent traders may want to opt for Tradier’s 0 Stocks and $0.35 per Options contract trading, while very active traders can often save money by opting into Tradier’s $10 monthly all-inclusive option and Equity, which cuts commissions entirely.
Tradier TradeHawk platform is exceptionally impressive, combining intuitive 1-click order placements with a vast range of indicators and charting tools. TradeHawk is also completely compatible with both Apple and Android mobile devices. Though we’d love to see Tradier expand into mutual funds and offer a bit more in the way of educational tools, the broker remains a top choice for advanced traders and those looking for enhanced customization options.
- Very active options traders who would benefit from a flat-rate monthly charge instead of per-contract fees.
- Advanced traders looking for a customizable broker with a wide range of platforms that can be integrated.
- Prominent options traders get high-quality execution, real-time market data and subscription trading.
- Wide range of integrated platforms provide an option for any trader.
- All-inclusive per-month subscriptions available in lieu of per-contract commissions.
- Platforms are powered by quality real-time market data and execution.
- Newer traders may prefer a platform with fewer integration choices and a more streamlined approach.
- No online mutual funds currently available.
Webull, founded in 2017, is a mobile app-based brokerage that features commission-free stock and exchange-traded fund (ETF) trading. It’s regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Webull offers active traders technical indicators, economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading and short-selling. Webull’s trading platform is designed for intermediate and experienced traders, although beginning traders can also benefit.
Webull is widely considered one of the best Robinhood alternatives.
- Active traders
- Intermediate traders
- Advanced traders
- No account maintenance fees or software platform fees
- No charges to open and maintain an account
- Intuitive trading platform with technical and fundamental analysis tools
- Does not support trading in mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks
Tastyworks is a sophisticated options and futures broker aimed toward experienced traders. The platform was designed by the founders of thinkorswim with functionality and precision for complicated options trades and strategies. Tastyworks offers stocks and ETFs to trade too, but the main focus is options.
Options on tastyworks are only charged a 1-way, $1 commission — far cheaper than almost all competitors. Commissions on futures and micro futures are also affordable, and there’s no minimum required to open a cash account. It’s $2,000 if you want to use margin.
- Options traders
- Futures traders
- Advanced traders
- Powerful platform inspired by thinkorswim
- Multiple order types and strategies
- Cheap options commissions
- Advanced platform could intimidate new traders
- No demo or paper trading
It seems like new digital investment management platforms are sprouting up left and right, and for good reason — there’s a great need for easy, straightforward investment management that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg in fees or to get started. If you’re new to investing or an old hat who wants to make the switch to a virtual manager, deciding which features you need can be confusing if not overwhelming.
If you want a no-frills financial management platform, Axos Invest (formerly WiseBanyan) takes a traditional but sophisticated approach to automated online investing.
- Traditional investors trying out an automated investor for the first time
- New investors that want to take a hands-off approach to portfolio management
- Straightforward automated investing
- Relatively low account minimum and automated investing fee
- A solid roster of available investment account types
- Not a stand-out from other services if you’re someone who likes all the bells and whistles with your digital financial platform
- No direct relationship with a human financial advisor
Charles Schwab is a solid choice for traders of all skill levels. It offers full access to the U.S. equity and options markets as well as 30 international markets. Traders can create a diverse portfolio with $0 commissions and no account minimums. Schwab’s margin trading is expensive but Schwab makes up for it with affordable futures and options trades, along with a comprehensive mobile offering.
- 3 trading platforms perfectly in sync makes matching your platform to your skill level a snap
- Excellent futures trading education for new traders
- $0 account minimum means anyone can start trading
- Wide range of available assets to trade, including futures and 30 global markets
- SmartStreet Edge platform is powerful enough for advanced traders, yet easy enough for new traders to utilize
- Unique educational resources (like infographics and podcasts) make learning fun
- Margin rates are more expensive than competitors
- More limitations on available margin than competitors
- Expensive mutual funds
TradeStation is for advanced traders who need a comprehensive platform. The brokerage offers an impressive range of investable assets as frequent and professional traders appreciate its wide range of analysis tools. TradeStation’s app is also equally effective, offering full platform capabilities.
- Advanced traders
- Options and futures traders
- Active stock traders
- Comprehensive trading platform and professional-grade tools
- Wide range of tradable securities
- Fully-operational mobile app
- Confusing pricing structure to leave new traders with a weak understanding of what they pay
- Cluttered layout to make navigating TradeStation’s platform more difficult than it should be