Looking for the best options trading courses? Try Benzinga’s Proprietary Options Trading Service and get SMS & Email alerts.
Options allow you to play the trading game without assuming a ton of risk. Whether you want to trade options as a part-time hobby or to turn a substantial profit, an online course is worth considering. You can enroll for free or at a price that fits your budget.
Benzinga is here to help you find the best options trading courses.
The Best Options Trading Courses
The best way to learn options trading is to study the markets, take a class and use that information in real time. While an options trading course for beginners is a good place to start, you might also look into other option trading courses that review intermediate and advanced strategies. Look through these options trading courses for beginners, weighing the price, content and your learning style. When you get the perfect fit, the class will help you acquire solid foundational knowledge.
1. Benzinga Options School
A new type of educational product to help new traders succeed:
- College-style courses on the foundations of successful trading
- Active chat room with live trading
- Daily web sessions & watchlist building
- Trade ideas
- Homework + quizzes to track your progress
Every option trader should start off with single leg options. This class focuses on how to use simple single leg option strategies to generate income. This class will explain how trading options is unique versus buying and selling stocks, along with what are option calls and puts. Get started.
2. Small Account Secrets by Simpler Trading
John Carter – the founder of Simpler Trading – was finally able to adapt his 7 figure options strategies into a reliable formula for growing smaller accounts quickly. He teaches you what option trading is, how to trade options and strategies you can try.
You learn options trading for beginners, including:
- Low risk strategies
- Popular stocks
- How to set up trades
- How to maximize gains
- When to hold
- And so much more
Choose from 3 levels: Pro Starter, Pro Plus or Pro Max. Each bundle building on the last and enhancing your options trading knowledge.
3. Calls or Puts
Calls or Puts is focused on developing the trading world's leading data platform through real-time option sweeps. It provides state-of-the-art filters that remove useless sweeps, show you the most traded options and give you with an insight never seen before in the institutional world. It features a straight-to-the-point platform unlike any other.
Sweeps are smart-routed orders that go across multiple exchanges to fill orders quickly, and this platform can provide you with that vision. With a single click, you can easily select and filter what you want to see to help you execute that trade within seconds to capture all the profit you would have missed. You'll have the tools to make decisions with fact-based data and aggressive trade setups.
Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
4. Mindful Trader
Price: $47 per month
What are the best stocks for options trading? Mindful Trader provides stock picks and options picks, but it can also teach you the trading strategy behind them. The Mindful Trader approach is based on data and statistics. Because the concepts are a bit more nuanced, you can think of this as one of the more lightweight yet advanced options trading courses.
Eric is the “Mindful Trader” who owns and operates the platform. He did several years of quantitative stock market research, and the result is a trading system that may have generated a 181% annual return according to a 20-year back test. In addition to that, Eric is a Stanford grad who spent $200k and several years of his life doing quantitative research about which trading strategies could actually work.
The Mindful Trader posts his watch list each day and teaches the exact trading strategies he uses to trade stocks and options. The whole package helps you learn how to make swing trades that have a back-tested statistical edge. No prior trading experience is required.
What Makes an Options Trading Course Great?
A professional options trading course must tick several boxes if you want to get true value from its content. From options trading for beginners to advanced stock trading courses, you need to see a complete overview of the process that offers several perks. The best courses to learn options trading meet these criteria:
- Includes Real-Life Simulations: Be it a novice or advanced options trading course, you want a class that conveys key concepts through real-life simulations. It’s also ideal if you can replicate these strategies through paper trading platforms. Trading courses should also explain these concepts in detail. While it’s nice to see a few charts a short explanation, there are option scenarios that require a blog-length walkthrough.
- Self-Paced: Don’t settle for a course that imposes strict deadlines. Only consider options that are self-paced so you can work through the material when it’s convenient. The best day trading courses allow lifetime access so that you can review your resources and continue your education long after completing the final assessment. Ultimately, the best way to learn options trading is to teach yourself with the instructor’s/course’s assistance.
- Affordable: There are free and paid options trading courses to choose from. If you’re just getting started, give the more affordable classes a try and move on to higher ticket items if you want additional insight into options trading.
Best Broker for Shorting Above $25K
You need a broker to start trading, and Cobra Trading is among the best brokers for shorting above $25,000. And Cobra offers 4 different trading platforms, so you don't need to shop around before trading stock options. The broker has been in business for nearly 20 years and maintains the perks of a small firm.
- Taxable individual and joint accounts
- Non-taxable IRAs
- Business accounts
- Trust accounts
- Margin accounts
In these accounts, you can trade in stocks, options, and ETFs. Stocks include penny and OTC securities. Futures and forex can be traded in a separate account with Cobra’s affiliate Venom.
Cobra Trading does require a $25,000 deposit to open an account. Then the broker-dealer requires $10,000 to keep the account going.
Find the Best Course to Learn Options Trading
Options trading for beginners need not seem impossible. Take a look at our list of recommendations and select a course that fits your needs and budget. When you learn how to trad stock options, you are opening your portfolio to a whole new world of diversity. Plus, you gain independence so that you can choose the best stock options to buy, increase your net worth and build wealth. You won’t regret your decision as these options trading courses provide top-notch instruction that’s both interactive and includes real-world simulations.
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community