Want to jump straight to the best? Most of our users prefer Interactive Brokers for stock trading.
Investing in stocks under $10 could significantly increase the returns on your portfolio, especially if you pick the right stock. Also, if you choose stocks in promising industrial sectors or those that have a unique and popular product or service, you stand a much better chance of selling your stock for a tidy profit after the shares have had a chance to appreciate.
Stocks Under $10: The Advantage
An advantage of stocks under $10 is that some of these stocks can make a good choice for short and medium-term trading strategies. Buying shares of a lower dollar amount also limits your exposure to risk, since the stock already sells for a low price. The lowest that price can go is zero. Investing in high-priced stocks means you generally have a lot more to lose in the event of a sharp stock market downturn as traders have seen in the recent past.
Investing in any stock carries the inherent risk of the insolvency of the company and other adverse events that can lead to a decline in the stock’s value. This can cause you to lose your entire investment. Some stocks under $10 can suffer from liquidity issues, which can adversely affect your ability to transact large amounts.
However, these stocks are spread across several industries. You might review or search for:
- Top 100 stocks under $10
- Biotech stocks under $10
- Gold stocks under $10
- Cyber security stocks under $10
Best Online Brokers for Best Stocks Under $10
If you want to start buying stocks under $10, as well as stocks under $20 and stocks under $5, any reputable broker that can facilitate stock transactions on U.S. exchanges can buy stock for you. Some of them will even let you trade commission-free, such as Robinhood, for example.
Other commission-free online brokers you can buy stocks under $10 with include TD Ameritrade and E*TRADE. More experienced, well-funded and active traders can use Interactive Brokers, although that broker does charge inactivity fees and has a high minimum deposit requirement.
Webull, founded in 2017, is a mobile app-based brokerage that features commission-free stock and exchange-traded fund (ETF) trading. It’s regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Webull offers active traders technical indicators, economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading and short-selling. Webull’s trading platform is designed for intermediate and experienced traders, although beginning traders can also benefit.
Webull is widely considered one of the best Robinhood alternatives.
- Active traders
- Intermediate traders
- Advanced traders
- No account maintenance fees or software platform fees
- No charges to open and maintain an account
- Intuitive trading platform with technical and fundamental analysis tools
- Does not support trading in mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks
SoFi’s mission is simple: to help reach clients like you reach their financial independence and realize their ambitions. SoFi knows that this independence comes from making decisions that help your money start to work for you in the long run. The brand helps individuals make these decisions through personal financial products such as personal loans, student loans and automated and active investing.
The brand additionally provides in-person experiences such as educational and networking events, personalized guidance from experienced financial planners and one-on-one advising with professional career coaches. SoFi’s services have been highlighted in outlets such as Forbes, Medium, and CNBC’s Make It.
- IPO Investing
- Mobile Investing
- U.S.-based customer service
- Highly-rated mobile app for iPhone and Android
- Only available in the U.S.
Moomoo is a commission-free mobile trading app available on Apple, Google and Windows devices. A subsidiary of Futu Holdings Ltd., it’s backed by venture capital affiliates of Matrix, Sequoia, and Tencent (NASDAQ: FUTU). Securities offered by Futu Inc., regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Moomoo is another great alternative for Robinhood. This is an outstanding trading platform if you want to dive deep into smart trading. It offers impressive trading tools and opportunities for both new and advanced traders, including advanced charting, pre and post-market trading, international trading, research and analysis tools, and most popular of all, free Level 2 quotes.
Get started right away by downloading Moomoo to your phone, tablet or another mobile device.
- Cost-conscious traders
- Active and Advanced traders
- Over 8,000 different stocks that can be sold short
- Access trading and quotes in pre-market (4 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET) and post-market hours (4 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET)
- No minimum deposit to open an account.
- No chat support
It seems like new digital investment management platforms are sprouting up left and right, and for good reason — there’s a great need for easy, straightforward investment management that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg in fees or to get started. If you’re new to investing or an old hat who wants to make the switch to a virtual manager, deciding which features you need can be confusing if not overwhelming.
If you want a no-frills financial management platform, Axos Invest (formerly WiseBanyan) takes a traditional but sophisticated approach to automated online investing.
- Traditional investors trying out an automated investor for the first time
- New investors that want to take a hands-off approach to portfolio management
- Straightforward automated investing
- Relatively low account minimum and automated investing fee
- A solid roster of available investment account types
- Not a stand-out from other services if you’re someone who likes all the bells and whistles with your digital financial platform
- No direct relationship with a human financial advisor
This latest groundbreaking technology is IBKR GlobalAnalyst, a new trading tool that helps investors compare the rate of PEG or price-earnings growth valuations and provide more immediate and comprehensive financial metrics of stocks, globally.
Recognizing that stock selection can be challenging for investors to compare the valuations of domestic and international stocks, Interactive Brokers created GlobalAnalyst to offer investors a simple, yet powerful tool to easily evaluate investment opportunities around the world.
Using GlobalAnalyst, investors can search for stocks by region, country, industry, market capitalization and currency to uncover undervalued stocks worldwide. The resulting table displays the current market and financial metrics, including the PEG Ratio. The PEG Ratio is the PE ratio divided by the three-year compound earnings growth rate, and smaller PEG Ratios typically indicate undervalued companies.
- Price earnings growth valuations
- Easily evaluate investment opportunities
eToro is a broker that offers access to over 25 of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies, forex and over 1600 stocks. They have a few unique education and useability tools. Traders can begin buying and selling in as little as 10 minutes.
eToro’s unique CopyTrader feature allows new investors to “copy” the buy and sell orders of professional investors, while the company’s eToro Club feature provides investors with a range of additional education tools and resources.
- Traders looking for an easy-to-use platform
- Traders who want to practice their trades using a virtual account before entering the market
- Simple platform that is easy to master
- CopyTrader feature that allows new traders to copy the same strategies used by professionals
- Virtual dummy account that gives you $100,000 to practice trades
- High non-trading fees
Features to Look for in Best Stocks Under $10
- Desirable product or service: When selecting a lower-priced stock, one of the first considerations for an investor is whether the company makes a product or service currently in demand and that holds promise for future earnings.
- Good financials: The financials of a lower-priced stock show the company’s assets and liabilities, so you want to look for a company with a solid financial situation. Reviewing financial statements might also indicate any challenges the company is facing that have caused the stock to sell off or if the company’s earnings per share (EPS) have yet to reflect future business possibilities.
- Liquidity: Since liquidity can be an issue with low-priced stocks, you should typically look for those with a minimum daily volume of at least 1 million shares. Liquidity in the stock allows you to transact shares quickly and it gives you the opportunity to trade short-term strategies that work well for inexpensive stocks.
- Potential: When you’re searching for undervalued penny stocks, some of them might be hiding amongst the best stock under $10. Why? Some companies should be trading far higher than $10 per share, and your research might indicate that certain companies are prepared to grow exponentially in the near future.
Are Stocks Under $10 Worth Buying?
The answer to this question is a resounding “Yes!” Cheap undervalued stocks can be a gold mine for investors. Trading under 10 dollars per share helps you save money on your initial investment, the best growth stocks under $10 could profit you quite quickly.
A low-priced stock with a viable product or service, decent financials and a liquid market can provide you with a good store of wealth, an appreciating asset and/or an adequate vehicle for short-term trading.
You do have to choose carefully since some stocks under $10 are definitely headed for insolvency and you could lose your entire investment. Still, depending on your risk profile and your financial goals, buying stocks under $10 as an investment could make a lot of sense and could provide you with a handsome return if you pick the right stock.